Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ken Hamm at Pensacola Christian College



Good morning everybody, last night I had the privilege of taking my sons to Pensacola Christian College to see Mr. Ken Hamm, the founder of the ministry "Answers in Genesis".  We were able to go with some very good friends of ours from church who brought some of their children as well.

Ken Hamm is an outstanding speaker on the topic of apologetics, and the timeless relevance of the book of Genesis and it's creation message.  He effectively covers how our culture has managed to slowly dismantle the
the Christian foundations that our forefathers worked so diligently to set into place, and how we as Christians haven't done very much to stem the tide of secular and humanist theories.  In fact we've helped the enemies of the faith through our complacency and the everyday distractions in life that we subscribe to.  I highly recommend that you check out his website at  http://www.answersingenesis.org/ .  I'm sure you'll find it and the resources therein to be most helpful, especially for the discipleship of your children.  Remember that Mr Hamm speaks all over the nation if you see a venue close by where he is speaking take the time to see him.

Back to last night, it was great to sit and listen with my two oldest boys to this man whom God has blessed with incredible insight.  I love it that there are men such as this that I can take my boys to that back up, support, and compliment the things that I already teach in my home.  This not only encourages me along with my continuing to learn, but it reassures my sons that "dad" isn't just conjuring the stuff that he teaches out of thin air.  It also lets them know that "dad's" not a whack job because they're hearing it from someone else in addition to me, either that or they think that I'm not the only crazy one out there.

In closing take the time to hit events like this, number one it strengthens the relationship between you and your boys and it's a great catalyst for great meaningful conversation, in addition to that it provides a great learning experience for everybody involved.

 Well, until next time take care and God bless.

Joe Stapp

All rights reserved Aug 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment